Saturday, August 11, 2007

news.

the original boat i got on. shanghaied me. its the oldest trick in the book. find a guy at a bar get him drunk and throw him on your boat and set sea. luckily im a numbers guy and they told me my original pay was 200 a day, standard for a green horn. when i asked again as we were taking off they said 130. immediately i grabbed all my shit and jumped off. i told the bartender at the anchor about this and he said oh yeah...thats a meth boat, youd be transporting drugs.

im lucky i made it out.

but luck has changed. i met a captain last night who needs a guy. his men are insane. i stood and watched them start bar fights all night. one of them, funnily enough named john oh and the captains name is chris! anyways john is crazy, hed stare me down and ask are you ready to die!!!! and then try to make me flinch and if i didnt hed buy a round of beers. theyre leaving to dutch harbor in 8 days which is basically like the the show deadwood. and then to the bearing sea. this is the sea i did not want to goto. but this ship feels right.

i'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: