Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holiday in the sun

So my buddy Ryan really got me into studying national currencies and extreme cases of inflation. Living in Prague you begin to watch every cent you spend and earn. since i've been here, the U.S. dollar has surprisingly gone up in my favor despite the economic setbacks back home. and as for my canadian friends, theyre not so lucky and are watching a lot of their saving diminishing.

Photobucket

The Czech krown is high for some reason or another and i'm predicting it to fall pretty soon. Though the czech republic has a trained workforce (a lot of IT business out here) I imagine you can still get IT for dirt cheap in India. Their even going through their housing bust like we had back home in cali. It's nothing like it was 20 years ago when you could get a haircut for 5 cents or trade a pair of jeans for a car. but beers are still $1 and that works for me.
But this is what I'm looking at now...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/09/business/icebank.php

Iceland has just declared bankruptcy which makes it the ultimate travel destination spot for thrifty tourist like myself. Though I cant imagine moving there, I bet you could get a good deal on a winter cabin with some sigur ros tickets to boot. Most of my days are spent looking at flight tickets which are still pretty high but if you do the math it all works out.

United States Dollars Iceland Kronur
1 USD = 141.425 ISK
1 ISK = 0.00707089 USD

Photobucket

No comments: